August 17, 2016

Adventurous August



I’m back in London for the next few weeks before heading off with Mumma and Papa bear on a train trip through mainland Europe! Very excited to see them again and also seeing the magnificent countryside of Italy, Austria, Switzerland, France and Netherlands. This month has seen me get super familiar with the London Coach station to go to Edinburgh and Bristol. My mate here Steve put me on to Megabus, a company that does some cheap bus rides around the countryside so I have taken full advantage! 


Edinburgh



So the story goes for many, many years growing up my brothers and I were 'tortured’ into viewing the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo usually in key television programming timeslots for a child, i.e. New Years Eve or Christmas Eve. For those not in the know, the Tattoo is a collection of army bands from around the world performing alongside different dancers. As they say a good wine gets better with age and I could now appreciate the music and atmosphere of the event. The backdrop for the event involved dark ominous clouds and rain. A 5 pound poncho was possibly the best money I’ve ever spent and shielded me from the rain both in the queue and in the arena itself. The rain stopped within 5 minutes of the actual event itself which was definitely the work of devine intervention! Edinburgh is in full swing at the moment and I definitely recommend heading over there this time not just for this event but also the Edinburgh Fringe festival. 








People were completely fascinated by this dog! 

Edinburgh is also a city I have shortlisted to reside in for life after London (whenever that might be) so the eyes were sussing out the place! I do have to be honest and complain about the weather. A Scottish summer just ain’t for me! I am going to need to reassess I think!

Bristol

Bristol is also a city I’m thinking about potentially living in. The best way I could describe it is a town having the fashion sense and clientele of Broadmeadows crossed with the bayside feel of Geelong. Thank me later for the mental image you just received. I was headed for the Bristol Balloon Fiesta which is a four-day festival of hundreds of hot air balloons taking off…. providing the weather is good. Unfortunately this was not the case while I was there but I got to take in a British carnival and got to see some balloons tethered. See pictures below. 


















So for now, it's London which means lots of domestic duties and being a tourist. Tomorrow I’ll be heading out on a walking tour of London and then ticking off places from my to do list! I'm actually considering becoming one of these walking tour people for Melbourne!  Pipeline dream!



Until next time :D



2 comments:

  1. Love watching you live my bucket list....
    That statue isn't just any dog, it's a very famous dog Greyfriars Bobby.
    I remember reading the story as a child and they made a movie about it too.
    You are such a heathen........I've failed you in your canine knowledge

    ReplyDelete